Who are we?
The Vagahau Niue Trust (VNT) is primarily focused on the strategic protection, maintenance, retention and development of VAGAHAU NIUE (Niue Language).
VNT has formal stewardship of Vagahau Niue in New Zealand.
VNT is responsible for events/activities/initiatives & projects/programmes associated with Vagahau Niue.
- To manage the Vagahau Niue Trust.
- To preserve, protect, promote and develop Vagahau Niue.
- To develop, coordinate and implement opportunities for the purposes of the Vagahau Niue Trust.
- To provide advice and support on language retention and development issues for Niue people in Aotearoa, New Zealand and those living abroad who are keen and interested in maintaining Niue language.
- To provide leadership and advice Vagahau Niue activities and influences.
- To influence, facilitate and negotiate greater alignment between government goals and VNT goals to further benefit the Niue community in Aotearoa, New Zealand and the Niue people around the world.
Patron: Honourable Tauveve O’Love Jacobsen
Chairperson: Mac Ikitule
Deputy Chairperson: Lynn Pavihi
Secretary: Joylyn Ikiua
Assistant Secretary: Ofania Halo
Treasurer: Jon Eric
Deputy Treasurer: Iruna McKenzie
Ko E Tau Maaga Ki Lalohifo He Vagahau Niue Trust
NAFO - NIUE AGA FAKAMOTU OKALANA
TAKITAKI: SHEELAGH VILIUA
HAGAI TAKITAKI: MAC IKITULE
TOHI KUPU: FOINI HEKAU
HAGAI TOHI KUPU: LOLOKINI PAVIHI
LEVEKI TUPE: PATRICK LINO
HAGAI LEVEKI TUPE: ILUNA MAKENSI
TAU HUKUI :
OKALANA TOGA: MAC IKITULE
OKALANA UTA: JON ERIC
OKALANA TOKELAU: PITA POLIMA
HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR NIUE
HIS EXCELLENCY FISA PIHIGIA
NIUE LANGUAGE COMMISSION
MINISTRY FOR PACIFIC PEOPLES
HON AUPITO WILLIAM SIO