Who are we?
The Vagahau Niue Trust (VNT) is primarily focused on the strategic protection, maintenance, retention and development of VAGAHAU NIUE (Niue Language).
VNT has formal stewardship of Vagahau Niue in New Zealand.
VNT is responsible for events/activities/initiatives & projects/programmes associated with Vagahau Niue.
- To manage the Vagahau Niue Trust.
- To preserve, protect, promote and develop Vagahau Niue.
- To develop, coordinate and implement opportunities for the purposes of the Vagahau Niue Trust.
- To provide advice and support on language retention and development issues for Niue people in Aotearoa, New Zealand and those living abroad who are keen and interested in maintaining Niue language.
- To provide leadership and advice Vagahau Niue activities and influences.
- To influence, facilitate and negotiate greater alignment between government goals and VNT goals to further benefit the Niue community in Aotearoa, New Zealand and the Niue people around the world.
Patron: Honourable Tauveve O’Love Jacobsen
Chairperson: Mele Nemaia
Deputy Chairperson: Ena Polima
Treasurer: Maria Aka
Secretary: Carissa McCay
Assistant Secretary: Carlos Tupu
Ko E Tau Maaga Ki Lalohifo He Vagahau Niue Trust
NAFO - NIUE AGA FAKAMOTU OKALANA
TAKITAKI: SHEELAGH VILIUA
HAGI TAKITAKI: MAC IKITULE
TOHIKUPU: FOINI HEKAU
HAGAI TOHIKIUPU: LOLOKINI PAVIHI
LEVEKI TUPE: PATRICK LINO
HAGAILEVEKI TUPE: ILUNA MAKENSI
TAU KUKUI MAI:
OKALANA TOGA: ANGELINE KALAUNI
OKALANA LALO: JOHN ERIC
OKLANA UTA: PITA POLIMA
OKALANA TOKELAU: SHAWN LOMU
HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR NIUE
HIS EXCELLENCY FISA PIHIGIA
NIUE LANGUAGE COMMISSION
MINISTRY FOR PACIFIC PEOPLES
HON AUPITO WILLIAM SIO